Various Cartograf scenarios are now available for the elementary sector. They can be used as activities in class, but are also simply good examples of how the materials on the Societies and Territories site here could be used. And Yes! the little ones love mapping too. Classroom experiences show they are more than capable of reading from and even using this great tool!
Access all public scenarios (elementary and secondary) via the LEARN Cartograf installation at http://cartograf.learnquebec.ca/
Here are a list of some of the available elementary-level mapping scenarios
NOTE: The activities mentioned below may not list new scenarios posted on Cartograf itself.
Elementary Geography, History & Citizenship
- Compare Quebec in 1905 and 1980 (LBPSB)
- The Seigneurial System (RECITUS)
- Nationalization of Electricity (LBPSB)
- Amerindian Territories in 1500 (RECITUS)
Univers social au primaire
- Comparer le Québec de 1905 et 1980 (LBPSB)
- La nationalisation de l’électricité (LBPSB)
- Le territoire des amérindiens en 1500 (RECITUS)
- Le régime seigneurial (RECITUS)
- Montréal en 1820 (RECITUS)